The latest revision of the BBC micro:bit is designed to be completely familiar to anyone who has used the original device. It’s the same size, shape, looks very similar, and works in the same way. Every program that could run on a micro:bit version 1 can be re-built to run on the latest revision. The editors will support both versions simultaneously for features common to both boards.
The latest revision builds upon the current micro:bit experience by refining the board and adding widely requested sound making and sensing capabilities.
Amongst the micro:bit features, ‘sound’ is in a unique position of being already present in the editors, but not on the board, so it is already familiar to teachers, yet the speaker and microphone on the board are transformative in the kinds of applications people can build.
Introducing the brand-new micro: bit V2, a must-have for technology and STEM enthusiasts. Now available with improved features to the hugely successful predecessor board with over 4 million boards being sold worldwide. This powerful, pocket-sized computer will be loved by all that use it. Designed to teach kids coding and solve problems using technology.
- On board speaker
- MEMS Microphone with LED indicator
- Touch sensitive logo
- Built-in sleep/off mode that means the board can be powered-down with batteries connected
- Discrete regulator that can supply up to 200mA of current to external accessories Refinements
- Notched edge connector. To make it easier to connect things like crocodile clips and conductive thread
- Power LED indicator. In addition to the USB activity indicator, a power LED shows whether the micro:bit is powered on or off
- Copper plated antenna. To easily identify the radio/Bluetooth component
- Processor: Nordic Semiconductor nRF52833
- Memory: 512kB Flash, 128kB RAM
- Interface: NXP KL27Z, 32kB RAM
- Microphone: MEMS microphone and LED indicator
- Speaker: on board speaker
- Logo touch: touch sensitive logo pin
- Edge Connector: 25Pin,4 dedicated GPIO, PWM, I2C, SPI and ext. power. 3 ring pins for connecting crocodile clips/banana plugs. Notched for easier connection.
- I2C: Dedicated I2C bus for peripherals
- Wireless: 2.4Ghz Micro: bit Radio/BLE Bluetooth 5.0
- Power: 5V via Micro USB port, 3V via edge connector or battery pack. LED power indicator，Power off(push and hold power button)
- Current available: 200mA available for accessories
- Motion sensor: ST LSM303
- Software: C++, Make Code, Python, Scratch
- Size: 5cm(w) x 4cm(h)