micro:bit v2 is a brand new, super-charged version of the popular pocket-sized codeable computer, brought bang up to date with a microphone, speaker and upgraded processing capabilities.
Widely used in schools, libraries and code clubs, micro:bits are sturdy and easy to program, with built-in Bluetooth for comms and loads of onboard sensors to experiment with. Lots of learning materials are available - check out the MakeCode site for some ideas of what's possible!
microbit: v2 has over four times the processing power and eight times as much RAM as the original micro:bit! As well the new onboard speaker and microphone, v2 also has an extra touch sensitive button and an edge connector that's redesigned to work better with crocodile clips. micro:bit v2 should be compatible with most existing micro:bit add-on boards and accessories.
- Upgraded processor (nRF52833)
- 64MHz Arm Cortex-M4 + FPU (over 4 times faster!)
- 512KB Flash storage on board
- 128KB RAM
- MEMS Microphone with LED indicator and on-board speaker
- 5x5 LED matrix display
- Touch sensitive logo "button"
- Light and temperature sensors
- Sleep/off mode for batteries powered projects (w/ LED indicator)
- Up to 200mA of current for external accessories
- Bluetooth 5.0 radio allowing micro:bits to talk to each other
- Notched edge connector (easier to connect things like crocodile clips and conductive thread)
- Dimensions: 52mm x 42mm x 11.7mm