Kitronik Lesson-in-a-Box - Visual Computing
Price in Singapore Dollars, including 7% GST of $46.84
- The Lesson in a Box (Visual Computing) is a complete set of electronics and teaching resources to enable successful cross-curricular lessons with minimal teacher effort.
- No soldering required for technicians or students.
- The kit and teaching resources have been tried and tested by real pupils and developed by real teachers to save you time.
- In developing this box we wanted it to be affordable, useful and robust enough for teachers to use again and again.
- These subject packs are a basic introduction to cross-curricular visual computing.
- The resources cover not only the KS3/KS4 (US equivalent - Grades 6-8/9-10) specifications but also personal development by encouraging pupils to view traditional STEM activities as having value across their curriculum.
- The subject packs come with a detailed lesson plan, cross-referenced to: class slides, workbooks/ worksheets, checklists etc., technicians notes and where appropriate, AFL guidance with answers and plenaries.
- Packaged in a sturdy reusable Gratnells tray that will keep the kits together and safe in between uses.
- It's fun to teach and fun to learn!
- 1 x 2GB swivel USB stick, containing everything needed for planning and delivery of each lesson.
- 1 x Deep Gratnells storage tray.
- 1 x Translucent lid for tray.
- 11 x Kitronik ZIP Halo HD for micro:bit.
- 1 x Klip motor driver for BBC micro:bit.
- 1 x Right angle geared hobby motor.
- 1 x Solderless motor board for right angle geared hobby motor.
- 1 x 5 spoke injection moulded yellow wheel for Right angle geared hobby motor.
- 1 x Miniature Crocodile Clip Leads, pack of 12.
- 2 x M3 8mm Pan Head screws.
- 6 x Black cable ties.
- 10 x Rubber bands.
- 1 x Roll of double sided tape.
- 1 x Kaleidoscope build poster.
- 1 x Egg drop poster.
- 1 x Mood light poster.
- 1 x Shake Table poster.
- 2 x Visual coding guide poster - Part 1.
- 2 x Visual coding guide poster - Part 2.
- 1 x Visual computing pack quick start guide.
- A set of Pre-cut cardboard templates for each experiment.
- 1 x Pre-cut Simple buildings pack
- 1 x Pre-cut Shake Table.
- 1 x Pre-cut Mood light pack
- 1 x Pre-cut 4/6 side Kaleidescope pack.
What's on the USB Drive:
On the USB you will find full teaching resources for 13 lessons and 2 enrichments as follows:
- Design & Technology;
- KS3 Mood Light Cultures of Lighting Challenge (Scheme of Work - 6 lessons).
- KS4 Design Prototyping (1 lesson).
- KS3 Iteration and Loops (1 lesson).
- KS4 Selection and If-Statements (1 lesson).
- Physical/Combined Science;
- KS3 Air Resistance and Drag Experiments (1 lesson).
- KS4 Visual Data Experiments (1 lesson).
- KS3 Earthquake Shake Table Experiments - Strong Structures (1 lesson).
- KS4 Earthquake Shake Table Experiments - Comparing Earthquakes (1 lesson).
- Enrichment/Open Days;
- Dance and Light Challenge.
- Kaleidoscope Challenge.
- The USB drive also contains;
- Teacher's and Technicians Guides.
- DXF files for making additional cardboard templates.
- A printable template for cutting by hand is also included as a PDF.
- The code HEX files for each lesson.
- Solderless TT motor board assembly guide.
- 11 x BBC micro:bit.