Gravity: UART & I2C NFC Module adopts NXP PN532, a highly integrated NFC communication controller, which supports various types of NFC smart cards or tags like the commonly used MIFARE Classic series and NTAG series in the market. Apart from the large PCB antenna design of better communication area and distance , the upgraded version joins the Gravity family by adopting a standard Gravity PH2.0-4P interface with I2C & UART composite rather than 2.54mm headers, making the wiring more convenient. A switch is added for conveniently switching between these two interfaces. When using the UART, you can easily read and write various NFC cards by using the common USB to UART converter and PN532 compatible PC software. When using the I2C interface, it can be used for various 3V3/5V controller such as Arduino, micro:bit, FireBeetle ESP32 and FireBeetle ESP8266.
Near Field Communication (NFC), also known as short-range wireless communication, is a short-range high-frequency wireless communication technology that allows non-contact point-to-point data transmission (within ten centimeters) to exchange data between electronic devices. . This technology evolved from contactless radio frequency identification (RFID) and is backward compatible with RFID. It was first developed by Sony and Philips, and is mainly used to provide M2M (Machine to Machine) communication in handheld devices such as mobile phones. Because of the natural security of near field communication, NFC technology is widely used in POS mobile payment, bus cards, bank cards, access cards, water cards and other occasions.
- IC: NXP PN532
- Input Voltage (VCC) : 3.3V~5.5V
- Interface: Gravity I2C & UART (PH2.0-4P, Logic Level 0-3.3V)
- UART Baud Rate: 115200 bps
- I2C Address: 0x48
- Communication Frequency: 13.56 MHz
- Maximum Communication Distance: ≥10mm, depends on the size of the NFC card/tag
- Protocol Support:
- Reader/Writer Mode: ISO/IEC 14443A, ISO/IEC 14443B, MIFARE, FeliCa
- Card Emulation Mode: ISO 14443A/MIFARE Classic 1K or 4K, FeliCa
- Peer-to-Peer: ISO/IEC18092, ECM340
- Dimension: 110×50 mm / 4.33×1.97 in
- Weight: 20 g