Pirate Radio - Pi Zero W Project Kit
Price in Singapore Dollars, including 7% GST of $4.97
Build your very own internet-connected radio with the Pirate Radio Kit!
This kit has everything you'll need, including a Pi Zero W, our flash new pHAT BEAT DAC and stereo amp, a 5W speaker, and a beautifully retro acrylic enclosure to make it look the business.
- Pi Zero W
- pHAT BEAT DAC and stereo amp. with VU meter and six buttons
- Male and female 2x20 pin headers
- Single 5W 4Ω speaker
- Blue acrylic enclosure
- 50cm USB A to micro-B cable
- USB A (female) to micro B (male) adaptor
- Mini to full-size HDMI adaptor
- Sticker sheet (personalise your Pirate Radio!)
- Comes in a reusable kit box
Pirate Radio uses our new pHAT BEAT DAC and stereo amp. to drive the single speaker (left and right channels are mixed when you flip the DIP switch on the underside to mono mode). pHAT BEAT uses the same I2S mono DAC and amplifier that we use on Speaker pHAT and Picade HAT and... adds a second one for stereo goodness! The two rows of 8 APA102 RGB LEDs make the perfect VU meter, and there are 6 buttons along the edges to control your audio.
This kit takes advantage of the built-in wireless LAN and Bluetooth on the Pi Zero W, meaning that there's no longer any need for a USB Wi-Fi dongle.
Note that this is a soldering project