*** LATEST: Sphero indi is on TIME’s list of the Best Inventions of 2021! ***
Speed into STEAM with this indi kit designed to engage kids ages 4+ in hours of exciting exploratory learning and play at home. Perfect for parents, grandparents, caretakers, or anyone looking to equip their young learners with coding, computational thinking, and problem-solving skills, the indi At-Home Learning Kit provides hours of self-guided, screenless engagement. Kids will discover how to communicate instructions to indi with color cards, solve puzzles, and direct indi through mazes they dream up. Once they’ve mastered screenless programming, kids can learn block coding concepts by changing how indi reacts to different color cards in the Sphero Edu Jr app.
- DESIGN AND CREATE: Teach kids to problem solve like an engineer as they design and build colorful, custom mazes for indi to navigate
- SCREENLESS & APP-ENABLED OPTIONS: Kids learn the basics of programming with the included color cards (no screen required) or level up with Sphero’s all-new, simplified drag-and-drop blocks in the free Sphero Edu Jr app, designed just for indi
- SPARK CREATIVITY: Customize indi with stickers and encourage creative expression and exploratory learning by driving indi through endless mazes and pathways
- HOURS OF FUN, RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX: As soon as kids open their indi, they begin learning cause and effect, pattern recognition, colors, directions, and more as they play at home
Looking for resources and downloads for indi? Find them here.
Computational Thinking Made Fun
Our indi learning robot offers unplugged and connected coding experiences that sharpen creative problem-solving and computational thinking skills. Students learn cause and effect, pattern recognition, the basics of block coding, and understand abstraction—all while having fun!
Design & Create: Design and build any maze imaginable, just like an engineer.
Screenless Learning: Sharpen computational thinking skills through hands-on interactive play.
Coding Concepts: Learn basic programming skills with our new drag and drop blocks in the Sphero Edu Jr app, designed just for indi.
On-board Colour Sensor: The color sensor and color tiles provide endless opportunities to rev kids’ creativity by building mazes that program indi to drive.
Endless Activities: Endless fun and learning with the printed materials that have activities with ranging complexity. Solve pre-made puzzles or create your own.
Designed for Students
Sphero Edu Jr™ App
Learn the basics of programming with the color tiles or level up with Sphero’s all new drag and drop blocks in the Sphero Edu Jr app, designed just for indi. Control how indi reacts to the world through intuitive yet powerful programming blocks or enhance computational thinking skills by creating new patterns and solving puzzles.
- Use Sphero Edu Jr’s all new block programming to understand the basics of coding and computer science principles.
Sends the program directly to indi, so you don’t have to worry about disconnections while running your program or solving mazes.
Control indi’s lights and choose between solid colors and different light patterns on the top LED.
Reprogram how indi responds to different colors by choosing from a variety of movements, lights, and sounds that appear when you navigate over the associated color tile.
Control the sounds your robot makes and have indi play notes to songs as it passes over the color tiles.
Control indi’s movements with different program directions and animated movements like a celebration dance.
Send a custom program to indi and have your students try to figure out what was sent.
In addition to programming indi, Sphero Edu Jr allows you to drive indi with intuitive controls.
Beginner’s Guide to Programming Booklet
- Our indi At-Home Learning Kit comes with a Beginner’s Guide booklet that includes introductory mazes and puzzles to spark creativity.
- 1 indi Robot
- 1 charging cable
- 30 color cards (colored cards that instruct indi how to move and operate)
- 2 decorative sticker sheets to customize indi
- 1 Beginner’s Guide to Programming booklet
- 500+ individual pieces of adhesive tape to secure color cards